Mikolaj Cymerman has been appointed Chief Commercial Officer of Entain’s Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) division and has taken on an advisory role on the board of Polish sports betting operator STS Holdings.

Cymerman confirmed the news in a LinkedIn postHe said he would combine his two new roles at Entain and STS.

After a period as head of corporate development for the regional department, he takes on the senior position at Entain CEE. Cymerman was also previously Business Development Manager and Commercial Manager at Entain.

He was previously sales director at IMG Media and held similar roles at Decade Sports for 20 months.

“It’s been a busy and exciting start to the year and I’m pleased to announce two pieces of news,” said Cymerman. “I can’t wait to keep the momentum going with STS and the SuperSport team.”

Entain’s expanding business in CEE

STS is now part of Entain, having been acquired by Entain in a deal worth £750m (€879m/$955m) in 2023. The agreement was put on hold in June last year and closed a few months later in August.

Several management changes were announced at STS last month. Radim Haluza became CEO and at the same time remained CEO of Entain CEE. Long-time STS boss Mateusz Juroszek moved from this position to chairman of the supervisory board.

Central and Eastern Europe-focused Entain CEE was founded in 2022 to make acquisitions across the region. Entain holds a 75% stake in Entain CEE, while Emma Capital holds the remaining 25%.

STS was Entain’s second acquisition in the CEE market within 12 months. Entain also acquired a 75 percent stake in Croatian market leader SuperSport for 690 million euros in August 2022. At the time, Entain said this was the first of many acquisitions in the CEE region.

Speaking to iGB last August, Cymerman said the STS was just the first step for Entain CEE.